I love clementines. Love them. I’ll probably buy 10 or 12 boxes of them before the season is over. I love the holidays anyway, but clementines make the season even that much better!!
Ok, let’s get on with the links for this Monday morning! There weren’t that many things that struck my eye this week. I think a lot of people are still recovering from Thanksgiving. Still I did find a few things that I want to try:
- Pioneer Woman posted these Brandy Snaps that look absolutely delicious. I’m definitely going to make them for our New Years Eve party!
- This Turkey Barley Soup recipe from Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy looks soooo good. I keep wanting to try to cook with barley – in fact I bought a big bag of pearled barley at Costco about a month ago – but I keep getting sidetracked.
- Serious Eats is making her own sourdough starter and I have wanted to do this for a long time. I even have a recipe that calls for using a purple cabbage leaf for a starter. I’m going to wait and see how her’s turns out first!
- Red Lentil and Tomato Soup … yum! I don’t know why but I’ve never put tomatoes in my lentil soup. I’m definitely trying zestycook.com’s recipe here.
- I love mushrooms in any form and EzraPoundCake’s adaptation of the Barefoot Contessa’s Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms is making me drool. I’m thinking this is another candidate for the New Year’s Eve bash!
- How many bags of meatballs have I bought from Ikea over the last few years? I love them .. but I love even more the idea of making them from scratch. I’m thinking these Swedish Meatballs from Simple Recipes would be great for a cooking weekend – to make a double or even triple batch of them and then freeze them.
- And last but not least … Green Olive Gnocchi from 101 Cookbooks. I adore olives and this sauce really intrigues me.
Ok so there were more things I’d saved than I realized. That’s a fairly decent list for the week.