I re-read the Julie/Julia blog today – the original one on salon.com – and it inspired me to make Julia Child’s French Onion Soup. As it turns out I didn’t pay attention to the recipe exactly and wound up making something not anything like Julia’s soup. It was good, but not hers. Anyway … I’ll be posting the recipe and process later. In the meanwhile, here are this Monday’s links.
- For The Love of Cooking posted these Pork Medallions in Cider Sauce … they look pretty good and easy. A nice quick weekday dinner option.
- Cassoulet is something I’ve never made and always wanted to. This vegetarian version looks pretty good and would fit in nicely with my diet plan.
- It’s still cold enough for me to be wanting to make soup and this Roasted Cauliflower Soup from the Tasty Kitchen website looks really good.
- Spicy curry and tandoori recipes seemed to be showing up a lot this week, too. The Chickpea Curry from the Gastronomer’s Guide and Tandoori Marinaded Chicken with Cucumber Lime and Chiles from The Bitten Word both look like something I’d like to try.
- Still looking for that perfect lentil recipe … maybe this Red Lentil Soup from Umami Girl will do the trick.
- Homesick Texan always has recipes that bring me right back to my grandmother’s house in East Texas. The recipe she posted this week for Steak Fingers with Jalapeno Cream Gravy may not be diet food …but it’s sure comfort food.
- And finally this recipe for Chicken Paillards with Clementine Sauce from Bon Appetit looks like a great way to indulge my love of clementines while they’re still in season.
That’s it for the links today. Hope everyone has a good week!!