The very first links post of 2011!
(This was the view outside my front door at about 11 last night … pretty cool!)
There was some really good stuff posted this last week. Of course I still have my whole 2010 list to work through … but I’m gonna make an effort to include some of these as well.
- Eating Rules posted this Vegetable Pumpkin Soup that looks fabulous. I think it may be the 3rd pumpkin soup I’ve saved this winter – and I’m determined to make all of them!
- I have always said that crab is my all time favorite seafood and crabcakes may be my 2nd favorite way to eat them (plain steamed in the shell comes first). This Crab Cake recipe from Simply Recipes looks pretty good!
- I’m always looking for new things to do with chicken and this Lemony Chicken Saltimbocca from For the Love of Cooking is definitely something I want to try.
- I really really really want to like kale. I do. And it’s not that I hate it, but I haven’t yet found a recipe that flips my skirt up … maybe this Sauteed Kale recipe from Elana’s Pantry will be the one.
- Noble Pig posted this recipe for Fragrant Peanut Lime Noodles. I’ve made savory peanut/peanut butter recipes before and love them .. this one looks lighter than others I have and I’m thinking I might reserve it for a cold summer recipe.
- My stir fry tends to be pretty much the same every time – chicken, mixed veggies, soy sauce, and some sirracha. Pretty basic and easy. This Ginger Beef Stir Fry recipe posted by Annie’s Eats will be a nice change and something a little more structured to play with.
- Bon Appetit posted this list/link of food52′s Best Lentil Recipes. I’m still struggling with lentils myself – I like them but as of yet I haven’t found a recipe that makes me LOVE them. I’m working on it.
- I rarely cook a chuck roast just because I have such a hard time getting them tender enough w/out over cooking them. So this Tomato-Braised Chuck Roast recipe by Wicked Good Dinner (a name I love, btw) is one I really want to try.
- Finally, not a cooking recipe but something I desperately need to do: How to Clean Your Dishwasher from the fine folks at apartmenttherapy.com
That’s it for this week’s links. Stay tuned for a new and delicious crock pot recipe on Wednesday.