So this was supposed to be a Sunday post and I … um … well, I sorta slacked it off yesterday. Some blogger I am. Here it is on Monday instead.
I made the phyllo cups above as a test for a baby shower that I’ll be cooking for in June. They are fabulous right out of the oven, but unfortunately they get soggy sitting overnight, so they won’t work for the shower. Still … they were yummy and pretty easy and I’ll keep them in reserve for some other event!
Things that I did this past week
- Photographed the Hambidge Art Auction at the Goat Farm.
- Finally taught myself how to properly sear scallops (and then ate them twice during the week).
- Cleaned out my fridge (all except for the veggie bin which is scaring me).
- Made the cutest ever baby shower invitations for a librarian friend.
- Finalized my participation in a bridal show at the Fox Theater.
Things that I want to do this coming week
- Lift weights a minimum of 2x.
- Clean out my car (again) because the layer of pollen has reappeared.
- Pull a dozen images to get printed for the bridal show.
- Get my house cleaned.
- Stop freaking spending money!!!
Things that made me laugh
- What your coffee says about you. Because people who say “expresso” make me ragey!
- Humor for photographers. Sarcastic photog business humor for the win.
- How to exercise with your cats. (vide0) There are more in the series – the one about walking your human is also very cute!
Things that are interesting
- I didn’t mark anything to save on my Feedly reader this week. I can’t remember if that means I didn’t find anything particularly interesting or if I was just lazy and uninvolved. I’m kind of leaning towards the latter. I’ll do better next week, I promise.
Things I want to cook
- Preserving cookbooks. Not a recipe – but these three books look like ones I’d love to have to cook from.
- Stuffed Roasted Poblano Peppers. I love chiles rellenos, and this looks like it would be a yummy variation.
- Marinara Baked Eggs w/ Salsa Verde. Need I say more?
- Carnitas. I’m still introducing my sweetie to true home cooked Mexican and Tex-Mex. He would love these.