I didn’t do a Week 19 post since I was just returning from NY and time got away from me. I cleaned the house before I left so I wouldn’t have to come home to a mess, but somehow there was still clutter to be cleaned up, laundry to be done, mail to sort through, 3 packages to go claim, and a whole slew of other things to take care of. A week doesn’t seem like that long from the vacation side of the trip, but when you get back home a week sure leaves a lot of stuff to catch up with.
Plus as always happens with me when I fly, I’ve come down with a cold. Not one of those illnesses where you can justify lying in bed all day and sleeping, no. Just one where you have low level congestion and a nagging cough, but you still have to go to work and function as an adult human being – albeit a slightly miserable one.
Really, though, I’m not complaining. I had a good week at work, a wonderful Friday date night with my sweetie, and I’m sitting out on the patio on a cool, breezy Saturday after going to the farmer’s market. Life is pretty darned good.
Things that I did this past week
- Planted peppers, tomatoes, eggplant, cilantro, carrots, lettuce, 3 rows of hostas, and some shade loving ground cover. (veggies and hostas)
- Got a decorative trunk set up on the deck to store wood for the chiminea, potting soil, fertilizer, and other patio detritus.
- Restarted the sauerkraut experiment with more brine and a deeper container (with luck, not reapeating the sauerkraut fail)
- Failed totally at my first week of a spending diet and resolved to do better next week.
- Made a variation of Nicole’s Thai Style Loaded Sweet Potatoes (picture above)
- Wrote a post on how I used to be fat and why fat hate is wrong.
Things that I want to do this coming week
- Organize my freezer (the fridge-side-freezer, not the chest freezer) and use it more effectively in my meal planning.
- Get back to meal planning (posting them here? Maybe!)
- Make a plan for the front garden area.
- Finish fixing the front door trim.
Things that made me laugh
- Stopping a car chase to escort ducks off the road: Only in Portland
- I know half the Internet was losing their minds over the Amy’s Baking Company fiasco. (and here, and here, and here…)
- Continuing the cat/exercise theme: How to do yoga with your cats.
Things that are interesting and/or random
- A bunch of people I know have raved about Jo Malone fragrances, but perfume and I have a strange relationship. It took me years to find my current favorite (which is now discontinued). Do I want to spend $60 on something that might not work for me?
- Old ads. The nipple bra one is especially hilarious.